Friday, April 22, 2011

Love Wedding Marriage - Coming June 3, 2011

                                                        

Director - Dermot Mulroney

Main Characters
Eva - Mandy Moore
Charlie - Kellan Lutz
Eva's Mom - Jane Seymour
Eva's Dad - James Brolin

Mandy Moore is one of my top 5 favourite romantic comedy actresses, and stars in some of my very favourite movies like Because I Said So, A Walk to Remember and License to Wed. I'm positive that Love Wedding Marriage will be another enjoyable romantic comedy for Moore.

Eva (Mandy Moore) is living the life that most young women dream of. She's got a great career, parents still together, and a fairy tale wedding. But as these movies always go, things start to go wrong. As a marriage counselor, Eva focuses on helping other people, probably with a view to helping them attain what she thinks she has, but no relationship is easy. As Eva's parents (James Brolin & Jane Seymour) prove when they announce that they're getting a divorce. Well, if the trailer is any indication, Eva's mother wants a divorce. Her father seems far from on board with the idea.

While Eva uses her expertise to try and save her parents' marriage, she begins neglecting things with her new husband Charlie (Kellan Lutz) and just like that, two relationships hang in the balance.

Jane Seymour's foray into romantic comedy scene in Wedding Crashers a few years ago was thoroughly amusing, and I expect her performance here to follow suit. I'm not familiar with much of James Brolin's work, but it looks like hes going to be comfortable fit in the cast.

Kellan Lutz is a name I heard for the first time when preparing for this post, apparently another young star I missed because of my lack of interest in the Twilight series. I can't really speculate on what I think his performance will be like, but I can't say I have any real concerns. Even if the performance is terrible, we do get to see some great shirtless shots of him.

Looks like another solid romantic comedy, if completely cookie cutter.

Love Wedding Marriage will be Dermot Mulroeny's first directing gig. You'll recognize his from performances in My Best Friend's Wedding and Friends. I've always liked Mulroney as an actor, and if his directing instincts are as good as his acting instincts, its another mark in favour of this movie.

1 comment:

  1. For instance, how has the curriculum been designed, what's the average class size, coursework and resources, professional instructors etc. A physical therapist normally works in hospitals, nursing homes, out-patient clinics, and private offices that have specially equipped facilities. Like all other occupations, a physical therapist assistant is required to acquire formal physical therapist assistant education, followed by licensure in order to qualify to practice as a professional in this field.
    Review my page ... Physical Therapy

    ReplyDelete