Friday, May 6, 2011

Colombiana - Coming September 2, 2011



Director - Olivier Megaton

Main Characters
Cataleya Restrepo - Zoe Saldana

Of course there are other characters in this movie besides Cataleya, but its pretty easy to see from watching the trailer that this story is all about her.

At 9 years of age, Cataleya Restrepo, the adult version of whom is played by Zoe Saldana, witnesses the murder of her parents, and grows up to be a 'stone-cold assassin.' The trailer doesn't tell you a whole ton about the plot, I suspect because, 1) its pretty easy to figure out, and 2) I think this movie is going to be all about the butt kicking action, and a lot less about plot. Seems to me, this broken young woman has a pretty obvious vendetta, revenge.

I first saw Saldana in Stomp the Yard which is one of my favourite movies, but to be honest, I've yet to see her in anything that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. We got to see a great comedic side of the 33 year old actresses side in Death at a Funeral. However, in looking at her more recent projects, it is very easy to see that Zoe Saldana really likes to play bad ass chicks. In Avatar, The Losers, and even her less physical role in Star Trek, she loves to play a strong woman, and good on her!

If the trailer is any indication, this movie is going to kick some serious butt, but I`m also looking forward to seeing Cataleya`s emotional journey, showing the softer, more veunerable side of Saldana`s acting chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment