Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Something Borrowed - Coming May 6, 2011 (US)

Director - Luke Greenfield
Lead Actors
Darcy - Kate Hudson
Rachel - Gennifer Goodwin
Ethan - John Krasinski
Dex - Colin Egglesfield

I think this movie will be simply delightful.

Gennifer Goodwin plays Rachel, a woman who falls for a guy named Dex (Colin Egglesfield) who just so happens to be her best friend Darcy's (Kate Hudson) fiancé.

Gennifer Goodwin seems to have a soft spot for playing chronically single women. I mean, wasn't that pretty much the same role that she played in He's Just Not That Into You? One of my very favourite movies by the way! And I'm not holding it against her at all, when you find something that works, why mess with it right? I personally think she is adorable. Since seeing her in He's Just Not That Into You I've been hoping to see more of her.

Kate Hudson is another favourite actress of mine, especially for romantic comedies, among my favourites beind How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days and Bride Wars. Even when she's playing someone a little clueless, a little selfish, I can't help but love her.

Also appearing in Something Borrowed is John Krasinski, one half of my favourite Hollywood couple. I've loved him since his days on The Office and then on the big screen in smallish roles in Dreamgirls  and The Holiday. I was very excited to see him having more of a central role in Its Complicated, where he gave a performance that was even more hilarious for its subtlety and finesse. I can't wait to see him in what looks like its going to be an even more integral role in Something Borrowed.

The other lead actor in this movie is Colin Egglesfield, the guy in the middle of the two best friends. Although I've seen some of the movies that Egglesfield has appeared in, I don't remember him from any of them. So I'm assuming that Something Borrowed will be kind of a first leading role. It'll be interested to see how this relatively unknown will do along side three of my favourite names in the biz.

1 comment:

  1. The very next tіme I гead a blog, Ι hope that
    it dоeѕn't disappoint me just as much as this one. After all, Yes, it was my choice to read through, but I actually believed you would have something helpful to say. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you can fix if you weren't too busy seekіng attentiоn.



    Also visit mу wеb sitе; losing weight after 50

    ReplyDelete