Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - Coming December 16, 2011 (Canada)


Director - Guy Ritchie
Main Characters
Sherlock Holmes - Robert Downey Jr.
Dr. Watson - Jude Law
Irene Adler - Rachel McAdams
Professor Moriarty - Jared Harris

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a REAL official trailer for this movie, although quite a few uploads to youtube are claimig to be just that. I'll post one a little later once it comes out.

I was really pumped when I heard they were making Sherlock Holmes into a big budget motion picture in 2009, and even more so when I heard who was cast. My only reservation was whether the movie would be true to the atmosphere, and reality of the classic novels. I'm referring to the fact that although there always seemed to be something going on that defied reality, and spoke to the uneducated of being supernatural, Holmes and Watson were always able to prove, beyond any doubt that everything that had happened could be explained. I was worried that to try and ensure a good profit for the movie, they would add in some elements of the paranormal or supernatural. I was extatic that my concerns were unfounded. The first movie was awesome for me, I especially enjoyed the way Guy Ritchie filmed the sequences where you get a peek inside the mind of Holmes as he's working something out.

I have just as high hopes for the upcoming Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. With Downey Jr., Law and McAdams all reprising their roles from the first movie, there is no concern about the performances. With the addition of Holmes' arch nemesis Professor Moriarty (Jared Harris), the story line promises to be at least as strong as the first installment. Also joining the characters is Holmes' brother Mycroft Holmes played by Stephen Fry who voiced The Cheshire Cat in 2010's Alice in Wonderland.

Although A Game of Shadows isn't based on any one particular Holmes story, and will follow an original story line, it is said that the script was inspired by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's, The Final Problem which is the first time Professor Moriarty was featured in a Holmes novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment