Friday, May 6, 2011

Fast Five

So, although my boyfriend and I went to see the midnight screening of Fast Five opening night, my computer's been a bit on the fritz, so I'm borrowing a friend's computer until I can get a new one, so I can get this blog back on the move.

To say they out did themselves with Fast Five would be an understatement, as far as I'm concerned. The explosions were bigger, the chases more difficult and the story line at least a little stronger.

There seemed to be a lot more depth with this movie than the previous Fast movies, but on further reflection, I don't think it was so much about being  a better script, as it was the fact that there were just so many characters. The banter between the old friends, and new acquaintances was hilarious, especially Roman (Tyrese Gibson) and Tej (Ludacris).

I felt that the story line had a little taste of The Italian Job in it, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  The ultimate plan of how they made off with the money was very clever.

As expected, the fight scene between Dominic (Vin Diesel) and Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) was bone crackingly awesome. The entire dynamics of the relationship between the two was very interesting.

I noticed quite a number of women in the theatre when I went to see Fast Five and I would say that we females were just as into the movie as our male counterparts.

Some movies are challenging to blog about when you are not willing to give anything away. What I can say to you is this, if you haven't seen it yet, STAY AFTER THE CREDITS! In the very short scene the plays after the credits roll, there are not one, but two twists that there was absolutely no way I could have seen coming, and they are good!

This is easily my favourite movie in the Fast franchise, however, for those of you who are interested in seeing Fast Five and haven't seen the other four movies, I would say that you're definitely not going to enjoy it as much. The vast majority of the humour in the movie will go completely over your head if you're not familiar with the relationships between the characters.

So, in short, it was a great movie in relation to all the others, and definitely the strongest for me, but I don't think its great on its own. Enjoyable? most definitely, but not great without its predecessors.

No comments:

Post a Comment