Saturday, April 9, 2011

Water for Elephants - Coming April 22, 2011 (US)

Director - Francis Lawrence
Lead Actors
Marlena - Reese Whitherspoon
Jacob - Robert Pattinson
August - Christoph Waltz

When I first saw the trailer for Water for Elephants, I was nothing less than mesmerized, even watching it again in preparation for this blog post gave me a little shiver down my back. Looks like its going to be a tearjerker.

The plot, borrowed from imdb.com is this: A veterinary student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus as their vet.

As I sat watching the trailer, I remember thinking to myself, 'Wow!  Robert Pattinson is H.O.T!" You see, I never got into the whole Twilight Saga craziness, its just not my up of tea, so I always wondered to myself, what's the big deal with this Pattinson guy anyways. I mean, the most I'd ever been interested in anything to do with him was when Jimmy Fallon did his impressions of him on Late Night. But, his landing a role in this movie has required me to reconsider. After all, you don't cast just anyone to be the third corner of a love triangle between Academy Award ® Winner Reese Whitherspoon and Academy Award ® Winner Christoph Waltz, so he's obviously got more in him than just a brooding teen vampire.
However, after spending over an hour typing a dozen different searches into Google, I was unable to find any information about who else was considered for the role. Makes me even more curious how Rob landed this role. Certainly you would think that someone else must have been interested in it. I'll keep my eye out for more information, and post once I find it, if I ever find it.

1 comment:

  1. You know that feeling when you just finish reading a book, then learn that it is being turned into a movie. Then you go argggggggghhhhhh nooooooooo! When you see trailer and who is in it. Yeah, that's what happened here. The book is good. This adaption looks like it is sure to suck!

    ReplyDelete